Hello everyone! I’m here with this weeks Tor.com Thursday post and mini review. I liked this week’s story about fulfilling your goals and unusual friendships.
Interested in joining? See below for what to do to be a part of it!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- On Thursday, I will pick a short story from Tor.com for us to all read…
- The next Thursday, we will all review the Tor.com story that was picked the previous week…
- The review can be in depth or short and snappy! There are no boundaries on how you want to review the story…
- After my own personal review of that weeks story, I will post the next story to read for next week…
- And on and on it goes…
- Please remember to tag back to my post (pingback!!) if you join in on this meme, that way I can read all your reviews!
THIS WEEK’S TOR.COM STORY WAS: THE LAST NOVELIST (OR A DEAD LIZARD IN THE YARD) BY MATTHEW KRESSEL
I really liked the story this week. Even though it has a sad plot line, it being about a dying author, it was actually quite a loving and beautiful story.
This was about achieving your goals, supporting people’s talents and creating unlikely friendships. I thought this was a really sweet story. The relationship built between Reuth and Fish was adorable. It was so nice to have this genuine friendship between two such different people.
The way that Reuth opened up this new artistic world for Fish was beautiful. She discovered a new gift she never knew she had, and he gave that gift to her in his last moments of life.
Overall, yes, I liked this story! I wouldn’t mind seeing it as a full length novel tbh.
NEXT WEEK’S TOR.COM STORY IS:
That Seriously Obnoxious Time I Was Stuck at Witch Rimelda’s One Hundredth Birthday Party by Tina Connolly
Get ready to embrace your angsty inner witch at a pool party teeming with krakens, hexes, and cursed banana bread.
Note: I’m away camping! I’m not being rude and ignoring comments, I’m just busy having a great time and not checking my phone that much. Back on the 25th.