Hello everyone! I’m here with this weeks Tor.com Thursday post and mini review. I really enjoyed the short I chose this week!
Interested in joining? See below for what to do to be a part of it!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- On Thursday, I will pick a short story from Tor.com for us to all read…
- The next Thursday, we will all review the Tor.com story that was picked the previous week…
- The review can be in depth or short and snappy! There are no boundaries on how you want to review the story…
- After my own personal review of that weeks story, I will post the next story to read for next week…
- And on and on it goes…
- Please remember to tag back to my post (pingback!!) if you join in on this meme, that way I can read all your reviews!
THIS WEEK’S TOR.COM STORY WAS: THE NIGHT CYCLIST BY STEPHEN GRAHAM JONES
I really enjoyed the story this week! I guess because it was “horror” it was more in-line with my genre preferences, but I didn’t find this particularly scary… I actually thought it was quite sweet… apart from the murdering bit lol.
I liked our narrator and his back story with Doreen and his history of being on the school cycling team. I liked his honesty with the reader about wanting a way out of the life he’s become used to and his view that you never really need to “grow up”.
The Night Cyclist was meant to be the scary part of the story, but there was something so melancholy about him that I ended up almost liking him… or maybe pitying him.
If you like darker stories that are also quite poignant and lovely, and you have 10 minutes to spare, I’d definitely recommend reading this one.
NEXT WEEK’S TOR.COM STORY IS: Red BY Ramsey Shehadeh
A young man grieving for his lost sister steps into the world of their favorite board game, in a desperate attempt to find her.