Hello lovelies! Here is my latest Tor.com Short Story review (pssst, I super liked this one this week!)
Interested in joining? See below for what to do to be a part of it!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- On Thursday, I will pick a short story from Tor.com for us to all read…
- The next Thursday, we will all review the Tor.com story that was picked the previous week…
- The review can be in depth or short and snappy! There are no boundaries on how you want to review the story…
- After my own personal review of that weeks story, I will post the next story to read for next week…
- And on and on it goes…
- Please remember to tag back to my post (pingback!!) if you join in on this meme, that way I can read all your reviews!
THIS WEEK’S TOR.COM STORY WAS: MENTAL DIPLOPIA BY JULIANNA BAGGOTT
Ahh, I apparently love romance stories that involve sci-fi, end of the world situations because this was so beautiful! It’s sort of heartbreaking but lovely all at the same time.
This story is ultimately about the end of the world, a virus has come and brought about “eternal returns” (nostalgia, memories), and there are a few people living in a contamination free place. Our main character is falling in love during the end of the world, but she’s also falling in love with the end of the world.
Even if you don’t do this meme, I would urge you to go read this short.
(I got a little shock, as it mentions ‘The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat’ as that’s the book I’m currency reading! Strange little coincidence!)
NEXT WEEK’S TOR.COM STORY IS: Ecdysis by Julianna Baggott
Our young narrator has many skins. Shedding and taking on new ones help them to find their way back home after leaving to avoid more tragedies and assaults. But what price do they have to pay to acquire the one true skin that fits the best?
(Ugh, what a gorgeous cover for this one!!)