I was tagged twice to do the Sunshine Blogger award, so prepare yourself for a long post!
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
The Book Raven’s questions:
1. If you had to choose between obtaining the power of strength, the power of invisibility, or the power to mind read, which would you choose and why?
While I would love to be able to read peoples minds, I think I would get upset really easily if they were thinking negative things about me. I wouldn’t get angry, I’d just get depressed. So I think I’d like to be able to become invisible and shit people up by moving stuff around lol.
2. What song got stuck in your head most recently? How do you feel about that song?
LOL, oh God, this is embarrassing, I’ve been watching way to much iDubbbzTV on YouTube. The last song that got stuck in my head is What We Do Here is Go Back by Otis McDonald. It’s the “theme song” for his Content Cop videos lol. I don’t really have an opinion on the song, it’s just a load of noise, there aren’t really any lyrics, so it’s kind of annoying, but I like it because I associate it with Ian haha.
3. Do you believe that we are fated to go down a certain path or that we choose that path we take? Why do you feel that way?
I believe that we choose the path we take. I don’t believe in anything like God, or fate, so I think we make our own lives. I guess there are circumstances where our paths are influenced, but that’s a problem with the class system of society. You can break out of those barriers with a lot of hard work.
4. What side character from the book your currently reading would you be and why?
At the time of writing this, I’ve just DNF’ed a book so I’m not actually reading anything right now, as I haven’t started anything new. I didn;t like anyone from my old book either so I’m not picking any of them I’ll pick a character from the most recent book I’ve finished, which is The Witchfinder’s Sister. I’d be Grace because she was sweet and I took a liking to her from right at the start!
5. Do you have any pets? If you do picture them here:
I have 3 pets! Two lil pups and a kitty. Herbs, the cat, is 8 years old and was born under my dinner table on Easter Sunday lol. Bear, the white doge, is 2 years old and is Bichon Frise / Shih Tzo cross. Baloo, the black and white doge, is 1 years old and is Bichon Frise / Poodle cross.
6. If you could instantly learn any language in the world which would it be and why?
I’ve discussed this with my boyfriend so many times! If it was for practicality reasons, I would learn French as there are several countries who speak the language. If I was choosing just for my own enjoyment, I’d love to learn Greek.
7. What was the last book you read that inspired you? What is your favorite quote from that book? (Sorry for the extra step, I just love quotes!)
I don’t really get inspiration? People find me really weird for saying that, but I don’t believe I’ve ever been “inspired”? I don’t know how that feels so I can’t say I’ve ever had it… but my favourite quote from the last book I really loved, which was my last read, The Witchfinder’s Sister, is…
“I think now that to be close to someone can be to underestimate them. Grow too close, and you do not see what they are capable of; or you do not see it in time.”
8. What place from your childhood do you wish you could see again for the first time?
I can’t remember the name of it, but there was this little petting zoo kind of thing, in or near Walthamstow, London, where I was born. Nowadays, and probably back then, to be honest, it’s just a little run down, and mostly forgotten about place with a couple of animals and some park equipment. It’s all sounds a bit sad, but when I first went there, I thought it was the best, most fun thing ever. I wish I could get that back.
9. What is your favorite time? Why is it your favorite?
Time, as in time of day? Season? Holiday? I don’t know which you want me to answer so I’m going to answer them all!
Time of day – I like the evenings. Specifically after 8pm because I’ll be in my PJ’s, have had dinner, done my duty for the night (whether it be dog walking, cooking or sorting out the dishwasher) and get the rest of the evening to do whatever I want.
Season – I don’t even think this counts a seasons, it’s a “transition” but my favourite is Autumn. I love how the scenery changes.
Holiday – the only holiday I celebrate is Christmas, so definitely that!
10. Who is/was your favorite teacher? What did they teach and why are they your favorite? (Give them a little thank you for being awesome)
I have a couple favourites. (They’re not in order, I couldn’t pick lol)
First is Miss Bacon who taught me English for around 5 years! She was so down to earth and funny. She was like a friend, rather than a teacher and she was great at pepping me up and convincing me I was better than the C I got in my English exam (after re-doing it, I got an A)! She moved away at the end of my GCSE’s to travel Taiwan and teach English over there, so I didn’t get her for my A- Levels, which was really sad. Me and my friend bought her a “learn Manadarin” book as a leaving gift. Honestly, I think she was the person who really got me into reading and literature.
Second is Mr Edwards. He was a maths teacher but he was also my form tutor too, so I spent a lot of time in his company. He was like a fun uncle and one of the most laid back teachers ever, in a good way, not in a lazy way! He used to put the football or rugby on for the boys during form time to distract them from being little shits, he’d play cards with us, and he’d joke a laugh around with us too. He moved back to Australia in my last year of GCSE’s which made the whole form really sad, and then on our leavers assembly, he filmed a video in Aus and sent it over, saying he missed us all and he was so proud of all we’d achieved, and I kid you not, there was not a dry eye out of all my form mates after that. We all loved him so much.
11. If you could ask your favorite character a question what would it be?
I don’t know who my favourite character is, really. I love Atticus Finch but I don’t know what on earth I’d ask him lol. Sorry, I’m a bit useless.
Chaotic Everything’s questions:
1. If you could go back in time knowing what you know now, would you change your life or relive it? Why?
Honestly, no I wouldn’t. There are things I know now, that I shouldn’t have done, like certain things I’ve said and the fact I’ve got a damn lot of self inflicted scars, but I think everything I’ve been through has made me who I am today, and today I’m very happy. I have wonderful friends and a wonderful, gorgeous boyfriend. I have a family who love me and I have a good job.
2. Do you have your future kids names picked out and what are they?
Yes, if I had my way, my kids would be name Eli and Adelaide. (note: currently I have no desire to have kids, let alone two, but I went for a boy and girls name for the sake of this question.
3. What food do you hate most?
I really don’t like beetroot, eugh. I’m also not a fan of aubergine (eggplant) and I don’t like mussels either!
4. What is your favorite movie and why?
Ratatouille is my favourite film. I love it because it brings me back nice memories, of first seeing it with my dad on a cosy night in at his house, to rebelling to my bedtime and staying up all night watching it over and over again to not taking it out of my DVD player for about 3 months because I would fall asleep to it every night. I know the entire script this film.
5. If you could date any fictional character who would it be and why?
Howl, from Howl’s Moving Castle. Why? Because he’s beautiful both physically and in his soul.
6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
This sounds like the perfect setting for a killer mystery novel, but I’d love to live in an isolated village in the mountains, like the Alps or something. I hate the busyness of cities, and even towns. I want to live somewhere where things move slowly. As long as I could still blog tho!
7. What was the happiest moment in your life so far?
I don’t know. I have lots of happy moments… the time my boyfriend finally asked me to be his girlfriend (after basically being a couple of year already), getting my GCSE results, receiving my first job offer, having my first holiday abroad with just my boyfriend etc etc
8. What is your dream job?
If money wasn’t an issue, I’d love to own an independent book store, it’s been a dream of mine since I was young. I’d also love to be head of a publishing firm!
9. If you could have three wishes what would they be?
To be comfortable with money for the rest of my life (not excessively rich, just comfortable with no worries), for good health to myself and all friends and family members until the day they peacefully die in their sleep, and for worldwide poverty to end.
10. If you could have any animal in the world as your pet which would you pick?
I used to really want an ostrich as a pet! They’re terrifying but I kind of love them. My choice now would be to heave a brown bear.
11. Who is the one person, alive or dead, you would want to spend a whole week with?
I’d love to spend a week with Vincent Van Gogh. He’s my favourite artist and although he was a very troubled man, I think he’d still be amazing to have discussions with and of course, I’d like to go painting with him.
Thanks again to Tiana and Chaotic Everything for tagging me and asking all these wonderful questions!
Right, I know a load of people are already going to have been tagged for this, but each time there are new questions, so I hope you’ll do it again! And if it’s your first time, then hey, congrats!
- Matxi Reads Books
- Ryann the Reader
- Lois Reads Books
- Misty’s Book Space
- Panic at the Bookstore
- Chocolate n Waffles
- Books, Vertigo and Tea
- Keeper of Pages
- Book Princess Reviews
- The Sunday Feeling
- Reading Maria
My questions for you…
- What’s your favourite book/movie of all time and why did it speak to you so much?
- What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
- If you could bring one musician back to life, who would it be and why?
- If you have to live without one of your senses, which would you give up?
- How would you spend 1 million pounds / dollars?
- What was your childhood dream job?
- If you could change one law, what would it be, and what would you change it to?
- Do you have any heroes? Who are they?
- Other than books, what are you passionate about?
- What is your biggest fear?
- (I’m being a copy cat) Do you have any pets? PICS PLEASE!!!!