So I’ve decided I want to do some weekly blogs to keep my blog up-to-date and found Top Ten Tuesdays hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week we’re discussing the 2016 releases we were planning on reading, but never got round to… oh the list could go on and on for me, but here I’ve attempted to narrow it down to my most anticipated reads.
1) The Fireman by Joe Hill. This sounds excitingly creepy and thrilling, why I never bought it I have no idea! I love horror books and I’ve heard amazing things about Joe Hill, this is a must read for the near future.
2) The Summer that Melted Everything by Tiffany McDaniel. This is not my normal kind of book, but I have seen nothing but positive reviews for it so my interest has been peaked.
3) I See You by Claire Mackintosh. Truth be told, I haven’t read Claire Mackintosh’s last hit novel I Let You Go which I really want to read too. I’ve heard excellent things about her writing!
4) The Nix by Nathan Hill. This has been sat on my Netgalley shelf for a while now, it actually says it’s not being released until the end of January, but apparently it’s already out there, being read and loved by loads. Another left field kind of novel for me, but it sounds so good!
5) Another Day in the Death of America by Gary Younge. WHY have I not read this yet? I love non-fiction like this yet I still haven’t bothered to pick it up, what is wrong with me??? I hate American gun laws so goddamn much, I know I’m going to be so angry reading through this.
6) The Muse by Jessie Burton. I loved, loved, loved, Burton’s first novel, The Miniaturist, so I’m hoping this one is just as good. I love a well written historical fiction every once in a while.
7) Fellside by M R Carey. Another author whose first book I loved. M R Carey has a great way of writing and this novel sounds eerie and exciting. I’ve actually got this sitting around at home somewhere, I’ll have to pick this up this year.
8) The Widow by Fiona Barton. I’ve actually managed to avoid many of the reviews for this, but I know overall it’s getting a lot of love. It sounds right up my street, oh how I love a good mystery thriller.
9) Before the Fall by Noah Hawley. I’ve been seeing this everywhere since it was first published and after reading the blurb the first time, I knew it would be a book for me. I hope it’s as exciting and mysterious as it sounds when I finally get round to picking it up.
10) The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena. Another book I’ve actually already got at home but not picked up yet. I’m looking forward to this thriller because it sounds super creepy!
So, they’re the top ten books I meant to read in 2016, but never got round to… I will pick them up someday soon, I will!
Have you read any of these? What did you think? and what are some books you meant to pick up last year, but never got round to?