After seeing a few other book blogs do this kind of post, I thought I’d join in and share my book shame. This post is dedicated to all the books I’m ashamed to have not yet read because I’m a mess and I don’t prioritise my tbr list. Instead, I start reading the latest thing I’ve bought rather than picking up a book I’ve had sat around for months.
So, in no particular order, here is my book shame set out in a nice looking collage:
- Carrie by Stephen King
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
- Inferno (The Divine Comedy #1) by Dante
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- The Trial by Franz Kafka
- Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- In The Woods (Dublin Murder Squad #1) by Tana French
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule
- Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Hannibal Lecter Series by Thomas Harris
- Rebecca by Daphne Maurier
- The Shining by Stephen King
- Pretty much all of the classics! Some main ones I want to read are: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, Dracula by Bram Stoker, and Little Women by Louisa May Alcott,
Now I could say that I will read these books next, but I know I can’t listen to myself and I’ll end up reading whatever the hell I want at that moment in time. There are of course a million and one other books I really should have read by now but these are the main ones I really need to get a move on and pick up.
I also have plenty of other books that I need to read but I’m less worried about getting those on my read list as they’re out of my normal genre choices eg Cinder, Howl’s Moving Castle, A Monster Calls etc.
Are there any books on my list you feel like you should have read by now? Or what different books are you ashamed of for not reading yet?